Thursday, October 29, 2009

What a stupid world!

Just a couple of minutes back I was logged into Facebook to check what the world is up to and saw a friend logged in whom I had a chance to work with when I was in the states. After exchanging greetings and sharing what both of us were up to, I received a message from him "Wish you were here :-)"
I just replied to him with a smiley... :-)

Some days back I heard a very dear friend say to someone that he hates to part, especially from good friends! And then who doesn't!

I always wanted to pet a dog, to be a friend but never had the courage for it because of the fear to part when it leaves. Maybe they are short lived cause their friendship is so long and strong! Does it mean that long friendships are short lived? I know friendship remains forever and with these new means of networking these days, you are in touch with all your best buds! But by short lived I meant not being there in the same place and time, not being there when you want someone to kill your boredom, not being there for all the hullabaloo!! Not Being THERE!

Again, Dylan has rightly termed what I feel as:

I been meek
And hard like an oak
I seen pretty people disappear like smoke.
Friends will arrive, friends will disappear,
If you want me, honey baby,
I'll be here.


- Buckets of Rain, Bob Dylan (http://www.bobdylan.com/#/songs/buckets-rain)

The only thing which can describe what I feel about this is this Calvin's strip, wonder how even comics can invoke emotions!


"What a stupid world!!" .... Huh!

3 comments:

Priti said...

hmmmm....
I find friendships beautiful because they can be short lived or should i say not time bound.... Because human mind and head find it tedious to evolve with relationships and time ensures that they evolve...

Ronnie said...

Well put..And everytime I read this cartoon strip where Calvin misses his frnd - my heart twists in the most uncomfy way :(

Anyways, no senti-menti posts now, wokay? :)

Mehul J. Rajput said...

life mein ek principle which is worth following... akele aana hain akele jana hain... sab moh maya hain....

nice article dude...